Tuesday 22 May 2018

Best Fishes

Yay... I'm ahead of the game and made a start on Father's Day cards.  This one is for my Father-in-Law who loves his aquarium and all the beautiful fish swimming about in it.



I started yesterday by making an inky background for the sea using Distress Inks and Glimmer Mists with salt and left to dry naturally overnight as I soaked the cardstock.  I also sat colouring and fussy cutting all the elements out ready to assemble.



Once the background was fully dry I clear embossed it and over heated it so the powder bubbled giving a shiny watery look.  After that it was just a case of putting it all together, adding a little bit of waterfall Stickles to the bubbles and white embossing the sentiment.

Challenge Links...

Always Fun - Anything Goes
Fusion - Harbour (sketch and theme, 2nd card)
Daisy Chain - Animals (fish)

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for someone who enjoys their aquarium so much! Loving the way you made the embossing look like water with all those cute fish in the windows! Brilliant make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Claire. I love the shimmery,watery background beyond those lovely fishes, he will be thrilled,led to receive it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire,
    my Granddaughter would love this card as she has just started an aquarium with her Bierthday money.
    Love your gorgeous background you have created it's very glimmery and your fussy cutting of those fish is brilliant.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh the dark, inky , bubbly background is gorgeous and by using the aperture design it doesn't overwhelm - what a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of your card, the background looks amazing. So shiny and yet manly.

    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x